I’m a Scientist starts on Monday, two weeks stuffed with creative questioning, exciting live chats and tenser-than-the-X-Factor eviction days!
Let’s meet the scientists competing for votes in the Drug Synthesis Zone and the schools who’ll be challenging them…
I make molecules of lots of different types- colourful, medical, materials… All using special compounds called “catalysts”, which make my job really easy!
We figure out how we can make better vaccines that teach the body’s immune system to seek and destroy invading bugs.
I work with scientists across the world together to develop new medicine that will help us all.
I am keeper of the knowledge for how to make medicine for rare diseases.
We make heterocycles to affect cell cycles.
- Colaiste Bhaile Chlair, Claregalway
- Colaiste na Sceilge, Cahirciveen
- Dominican College, Galway
- Eureka Secondary School, Kells
- Glenstal Abbey School, Murroe
- Kilkeel High School, Kilkeel
- Lagan College, Belfast
- Laurel Hill Secondary School, Limerick
- Loreto College, Dublin
- Malahide community School, Malahide
- St Davids CBS Artane
- St Mary’s, Baldoyle
This zone is funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry.