Thank you from you winner – Sinead!

sineadbalgobinHi all!
I’d like to start by thanking the students, teachers and organisers of I’m a Scientist- I had a really great time participating in the event and it was all thanks to you!

For two weeks, I’m a Scientist took over my life. In a good way.

I didn’t realise at the time I signed up just how much I would be waiting in expectation of the next chat, or for new questions to appear in the ASK section. Talking about science with you guys, on your terms and with your questions, was enjoyable and an honour. Being able to share my love of science with you filled me with a sense of pride and really reminded me what science is for: to learn and to pass on your knowledge. Not just questions about science either, I was happy to answer questions about my own experiences of being a scientist and about what it means to me; honestly, it was the first time I had ever really thought about those questions, and being able to reflect on my choices with you has been pretty inspirational! I think you students, with your honest curiosity, humour, and enthusiasm were really what made the event something to remember.

Massive thanks go to the organising team and the moderators, who did an amazing job of making this event happen, and making sure it ran smoothly (which it did, incredibly so. I remain in awe of your internet prowess).

Of course, I can’t forget to thank and congratulate the other scientists in the Drug Synthesis zone, who were all fantastic! I am proud to have been part of a group of scientists who are so talented and enthusiastic about communicating what they do to young people.

For now, onwards and upwards into more science communication- I hope I can use the money to make some amazing science video content for you to enjoy!

Thank you all for participating and voting, and remember to keep asking questions- about everything, and of everyone!

Sinead

Posted on November 24, 2015 by modangela in News.